It Was Aliens

Very True Stories Starring Jeff O'Brien  - Jeff O'Brien 5/5
                                                                   
     
      What is your definition of truth? Do you believe in aliens? Do you believe that the world has been saved twice by a scruffy dog lover and a Starting Lineup action figure? As a fan of Jeff's I have read just about everything the dude has put out and as I gazed at the cover I knew that I was going to be in for one hell of a read. Jeff writes the kind of stuff that he would like to read, and along the way he's picked up a bit of a following. Whatever he writes it always seems to work, and shouldn't be taken to seriously. The same goes for his latest book which will no doubt piss of scores of people, but I thought it was a lot of fun.

      Are these any of things in O'Brien's book plausible? Does it matter? What's important is that Jeff is a decent writer that can tell you a story while winking at the same time. The Allston Girl kicks things off and here's the moment where you cough and say bullshit at the same time. A vagina monster? Not gonna lie I laughed my ass off at this one and as I read on I laughed more. In these stories Jeff comes off as a bit of a dork, but he manages to save the world twice and gives us tips on how how to keep away a boner while getting a massage. That alone is worth the price of the book. If you follow Jeff on Facebook his love of chem-trails and aliens have made it into Very True Stories which really shouldn't surprise anyone. If there were a contest for bullshit artist Jeff would no doubt win.

      Without a doubt Stories is an entertaining book that may or may not be true. I can't say for sure, but I will tell you that you should pick up this book unless you fail to have a sense of humor. It's a quick read that proves that Jeff is the master of B-rate fiction. I don't mean any disrespect by that because I love b-rate movies and Jeff has brought that into his fiction. In a world gone mad Jeff reminds us that we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ball Washer

The Pain and Misery