Boobageddon - Jimmy Pudge & Jack Savage 5/5 stars

                                                         

       I'm a huge fan of Pudge's and was bummed out when he decided to stop writing. When I heard he was co-writing a book with Jack Savage I was excited and then sad to hear that this may in fact be the last book we see from the king of white trash fiction. It was great to see a final release, and it's nice to see that nothing has changed. It's still white trash fiction filled with larger than life characters and two heroes who are clueless, and then slowly turn into a pair of bad asses.  Pudge and Savage have created a fun book that will never be considered classy fiction, but who cares? These may be the only authors who have created a drinking game to go along with their book. Every time you see boobs mentioned, you have to drink. You should get a group of friends to read this with you. Makes those stuffy book reads a lot more entertaining.

      Boobageddon is the type of book you simply don't read if you're easily offended, or need trigger warnings for every purchase you make. It's a simple enough plot that moves pretty quickly, and like all Pudge books, it's full of interesting characters that you don't normally see in the suburbs. When I say this is white trash fiction, I don't mean that as an insult. Edd and Earl are white trash who have somehow traveled through time, and end up in the future, and they're immortal. I love these guys, and would love to read another book featuring these two characters. Now, they're on a mission to save the world from a vile cult who plans to blow up the world using breast implants. As I read it, I found myself laughing at loud at the majority of what was happening. I don't know how these guys plotted out the book, but it worked, and it shows that while most writers want you to take their work seriously, these two are more than happy to create something unique, and funny.

       It's nice to see Pudge return with a new book, but at the same time, it sucks that this could be his last one. This is a blast to read and I wish I knew more about the co-author so I can check out some of his work because Boobageddon is a great book that not everyone is going to like, but there are people like me out there who will find this and share it with their friends. It's juvenile, but so what? We need books like this because the world is already serious enough without our fiction reminding us of this sad, simple fact. This is one that I will share as often as I can because I loved it, and if you weren't so stuffy, you would too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ball Washer

The Pain and Misery