The Kasey Hill Interview



    Kasey Hill was kind enough to take some time out from her crazy schedule to answer some of my questions. Along with writing she's also involved with Fat Lip Press. Her novel The Wastelands Of Oz is available now 

                                           



Your new novel Wastelands of Oz is a new take on the mythos of The Wizard Of Oz. How hard was it to write? 

A: It wasn’t hard at all. Once I came up with the concept, it just flowed from my fingers.

Where did the idea come from?

A: My daughter sat and watched the Wizard of Oz for a week straight all day every day. I decided it was time for a new take on the old Oz

When is the 2nd novel coming out and what can we expect?

A: The second novel I plan to release next year. This one goes back to the beginning and gives a new explanation as to why the Wicked Witch became wicked. It will be followed by the Red Sorceress, a follow up to Wastelands and Maryjane, and then Emma (one of the main characters from Wastelands) with a surprise twist on her fate. 

Any other projects coming out?

A: I have a god/goddess angel/demon book coming out the 29th, a vampire book series I am finishing up called the House Sarkoczy series, a couple of stand alones, and a psychological thriller series called in the Garden of War. 

When did you realize that you wanted to be a writer?

A: I have always loved writing for fun. It wasn’t until Wastelands hit me to write that I became truly dedicated to writing and wished to be a writer. 

Do you have any weird writing quirks?

A: Yes. I do not use outlines at all. Not for character development, not to plot, or anything. If I plot it takes too long to write.

Who are some of your influences?

A; I have many. Stephen King, Stephanie Meyer, Clive Barker, Baum of course, and many many others. I have always been an avid reader since I was 5 years old. I was reading at high school level in 2nd grade. 

What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

A: Just keep writing. Don’t stop. Don’t look back over your work to edit this or add that. Get that first draft done and then worry about everything else. It will slow you down.  It will make your work become stagnated. 

Are there any other genres that you want to explore?

A: I already write cross-genre and write in more than one. I do fantasy, horror, romance, thrillers, etc

Aside from writing what do you like to do?

A: I am a stay at home mom. I take care of my kids. Hobbies of mine include painting, reading, singing, song writing, and many others.

How long did it take to write Wastelands?

A: It took me 2 weeks to write it and 7 months to edit/refine/revise/polish. Some of the ideas I had for the story I put off and then decided it was needed to move forth in the series by killing those necessary to make way for new characters.

What is the most difficult part of writing? 

A: Getting the idea out of my head the way I envisioned it. 

This is where I give you the floor to say a few words to your readers. Where can we find you buy your books? 

A: Wastelands of Oz by Kasey Hill
‪‬
Somewhere...down a wrong road...under the sea...across the desert...by earthquake, tornado, hurricane, and magick... exists the Land of Oz. But it's not the same land you loved and dreamed of. A new and more powerful evil than that of the wicked witches has taken over Oz by the name of the Red Sorceress. Oz is in shambles, a barren wasteland. Dorothy is sick with stomach cancer, so it is up to her daughter, Maryjane, to help bring Oz back to life. Maryjane isn’t your average teenager in Kansas. She was blessed by the Elders of Oz with magickal powers as a thanks for the help her mother offered while living there. Glinda’s son, Charlie, and Maryjane are the heirs to the throne of Oz, while the Red Sorceress intends to steal it away for her and her apprentice. Maryjane and Charlie have battled for years over their feelings for each other and have grappled with the idea of punishment, for Maryjane is a mortal from the human world, and it is forbidden. However, the only way to defeat this new monster of evil is together, and they alone share the hidden powers to bring Oz back to life and return the wastelands back into the voluptuous land it once was.
Amazon Paperback ➜  http://tinyurl.com/zvw53bv 
Fat Lip Press ➜ http://tinyurl.com/gkr5qra
Amazon US ➜  http://tinyurl.com/ho5onv7
BN Paperback ➜  http://tinyurl.com/jprvwq3
Nook ➜  http://tinyurl.com/jf2hc4u  
Kobo ➜ http://tinyurl.com/jd6k5bp 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ball Washer

The Pain and Misery